Firmware for Sub 2070

Home Forums Subwoofers Firmware for Sub 2070

This topic contains 16 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  Bseeling16 21 hours, 58 minutes ago.

• Author

Speiche
    Participant

Hallo from Germany,

There are some issues connecting the Sub with the iOS app. Elac Germany tells, there is coming a Update and the 2070 can use the new App 2.0. I am waiting, when will a Update come?

Greets

Wolfgang

Charles Mallari

Hello Wolfgang,

I’m checking with Germany and our dev team as to when we are expecting this update.

Respectfully,
    Charles Mallari

Speiche
    Participant

Ok, thank you. I will waiting and be hopefull.

Speiche
    Participant

Hallo charles,

No more answers?

Greets Wolfgang

mbw
    Participant

Any news on this?
    What a horrible product support!

Speiche
    Participant

1+

Cainethaman
    Participant

Where is the Firmware Update. The App is not working?

mbw
    Participant

Sub Control App doesn‘t work with iOS 13.
    Where is the since 1 year promised firmware update for the 2070 sub which should bring subcontrol 2.0 support?
    Why do you leaving your customers out in the cold.
    This is my first and definitely last product from Elac!

elacville
    Participant

Hi Elac, I’m checking the status daily. Could you please give at least some estimate when the firmware update for Elac Sub 2070 will be available?

PTM
    Participant

Please give us an update on the situation. IOS app 1.0 is not working anymore!

SebH
    Participant

Just bought the Sub 2070 and discovered how unusable the Elac Sub Control App on my S10e is.
    Unfortunately I didn’t check in advance how bad your support is obviously. I have discovered this forum like one minute ago to see if there is a firmware update for the 2070 available.
    There is not. And following this discussion there wasn’t any reaction or answer from ELAC in half a year.
    So I have no other choice but to send back the subwoofer as it is completely unusable for me without a working app.

SHAME ON YOU ELAC!

When you skip having dedicated buttons on a product you have to make sure that you have enough man power to keep the required software (both apps and firmware) updated.
    This was my last product with your company. Either join the 21st century or stay with conventional controls which don’t require any software at all.
    My weekend is ruined. Thanks for that!

carloz
    Participant

Can we get any updates on this one?
    i have two sub 2050 and i cant edit some settings on those now. so a simple question… where is the firmware update? this thread start 14 Januari and 10 MONTH later nothing horrible.

Tibor
    Participant

Hello,
    After the ios 13.1.2 update I lost the connection to my SUB 2070.
    I have seen this is general problem.
    Elac when you will fix this issue?
    Br
    Tibor

Virtapelto
    Participant

Just realized that I can’t operate my 2070 subwoofer from my IPhone X. I still have my iPad pro in IOS12. Every time I power up iPad it asks to update the IOS. If I upgrade my ios I lose the control on 2070. If i don’t upgrade my ios I lose cool new features. It’s a lose lose situation. I was very keen on buying a second 2070. You can’t Mix and match 1gen and 2gen 2070, as the 1.0 aplication reserves the bt control. Noticed this on a customer who downloaded a 1.0 to control a 2gen 2070. Action please!

Bseeling16
    Participant

I have the 2090 and I can somewhat use the app control with my android pad. That said it works horribly. I notified ELAC the same night IOS 13 was available.

They emailed me back stating there was an update coming to the app.

I check everyday twice a day but still no update. They have updated their new app ELAC Sub Control 2.0. I downloaded that the other evening hoping it may work.

They need to fix the original app and also work on some of the bugs in that app. I constantly have trouble connecting to the 2090. It loses connection way to easily.

Speiche
    Participant

———-——————— Hi Everyone,

I just posted the final firmware for the S10EQ and S12EQ in the firmware and drivers section of the website. This firmware allows for both subwoofers to work with our Sub Control 2.0 application for both iOS and Android (Including AutoEQ). Both the firmware and app update is necessary. The Android app is now available in the Google Play Store and the iOS app has been uploaded to the Apple App Store and is awaiting approval (Should only take a day or two).

I will be posting firmware for the SUB2070 and SUB2090 in the next day or two.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Chris Walker
    ELAC Americas ——-——————————

Hi, Mr. Walker,

You said, you will posting the new Firmware in one or two days. Now we have 11 days or so. Tell us please, how long we have to wait.

Thanks

• This reply was modified 1 day, 20 hours ago by  Speiche.

Bseeling16
    Participant

Also, I’ve never had to download a new firmware to the 2090 on previous updates. If a new firmware is needed I’m assuming this must be done via a usb dongle and inserted into the back of the subs.

Is there a process to it?

Please provide those details or links to walk us through how to do this if applicable.

Thanks,

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.